Since 1983, Marine Rescue Consultants (MRC) has been a world leader in providing public and private agencies with services related to water rescue, including:
- Rescue boat operations training, especially Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats (RHIBs, RIBs or RHIs)
- The first U.S. Coast Guard Approved STCW1 Fast Rescue Boat (FRB) training program
- Davit and launch and recovery training
- Rescue swimming training in surf, swiftwater, and calm water
- Train the trainer programs
- Consulting on manning, deck layout, equipment, and operations
- Technical manuals for rescue boat operations and maintenance.
MRC has performed over 800 training classes in the United States and a dozen foreign countries, and our regular clients include the U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Navy.
The majority of our classes, including the STCW FRB class, are built around a core curriculum and are conducted on site. Additionally, the FRB class is presented periodically at the Maine Maritime Academy, MITAGS, and the Northwest Pacific Maritime Institute.
MRC gives realistic, practical training from instructors with vast experience in both rescue boat operations and rescue boat training. We have performed training in every conceivable weather condition, in virtually every type of RHIB and Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) in use (including prop and jet, diesel and outboard, 4 meter to 8 meter, tiller steering and remote helm), in hundreds of locations, over thousands of evolutions, for almost two decades, and have done so with a perfect safety record.
MRC is the source for rescue boat operations training, STCW FRB training, davit operations training, and related consulting services.
1 "Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping," of the International Maritime Organization (IMO).